Walking the walk to match our talk
See what we can do for your hotel
Anyone can put up a website, but true success in the hotel world comes from numbers. Check back on this page soon to see what we’ve done for our clients and what we can do for you.
Website Design & Development
Downtown Nashville Hotel
- This Nashville-Downtown hotel is in a unique market and wanted to differentiate itself from other hotels in Nashville with a more visual, aesthetically pleasing standalone site that captured the personality of the Nashville music scene.
- The hotel staff felt that the hotel's official brand website did not allow for the creativity or flexibility that would allow the hotel to showcase the exciting culture of Nashville.
Blue Magnet Solution:
- The Nashville-Downtown hotel worked with Blue Magnet Interactive to create a standalone website from the ground up, that not only captures the true flavor of Nashville, but also provides a convenient user experience, featuring rich textual content and compelling city imagery.
- Since reservations still need to be booked through the official brand website, Blue Magnet created reservation widgets on all pages of the standalone site that seamlessly transition potential guests through the booking process.
Temecula Valley Wine Country Hotel
- This Temecula Valley Wine Country standalone website originally existed as a subsection of a greater hotel management company website. The site design and domain were branded under the hotel management company's name and colors, leaving little opportunity to convey the unique setting of this specific California wine country hotel.
Blue Magnet Solution:
- Blue Magnet Interactive worked with the Temecula Valley Wine Country hotel to design and develop a custom website that would highlight the beautiful wine country region in which it resides.
- The hotel also wanted to highlight specials and offers prominently on the homepage, which was accomplished with three large call-out boxes below the main masthead image.
- Due to the picturesque nature of the hotel's location, Blue Magnet integrated a clean, vibrant photo gallery with images of key selling features of the hotel.
- Reservation widgets and email collection widgets were added to each page, providing users with an easy way to book a room or sign up for specials from anywhere in the site.
Mobile Website Design & Development
Deeply Rooted Wines
- A major hotel chain contacted Blue Magnet to assist in the rebranding of their company.
- The brand needed to reposition themselves as a green, eco-friendly company.
- The hotel brand would like to incorporate these eco-friendly concepts into their food & beverage platform.
- The brand wanted to maintain a site dedicated to promoting their environmental friendliness, but they didn't have a way to get offline users at their hotels to interact with the online content.
- Blue Magnet Solution:
- Blue Magnet designed and developed a mobile website called www.deeplyrootedwines.com, which provides information to guests about the concept of sustainable, biodynamic and organic wines.
- The site is accessible via QR codes that the hotel brand has included throughout printed collateral at key areas throughout their hotels.
- The site highlights featured wineries that specialize in sustainable, biodynamic and organic wine making.
- In addition to featuring videos and images that give visitors a first-hand look at these wine-making practices, the site also features a guest book that allows visitors to post comments about the featured wines.
- Designed for quick load times on major mobile browser platforms, the site is clean and easy for new visitors to navigate.
- Finally, as a means of connecting with other people and spreading the word about Deeply Rooted Wines, The site features Twitter, Facebook and email-a-friend options to allow users to send a link to people in their network.
Search Engine Optimization
San Diego Bayfront Hotel
- This San Diego Bayfront hotel partnered with Blue Magnet Interactive in March 2010.
- The hotel sought to increase online bookings through its standalone website by improving their overall online presence.
- The hotel’s standalone/vanity website was developed 8 months prior to Blue Magnet's involvement.
- The site was not properly optimized for keywords beyond brand keywords.
- Specifically, the hotel commissioned Blue Magnet to focus heavily on organic search engine optimization, targeting non-branded keywords.
- Blue Magnet Solution:
- Over a 6 month period, Blue Magnet completely optimized all existing pages within the website.
- In addition, local search listings were optimized and standardized across various citation sites.
- Blue Magnet’s approach was to optimize for both general and niche keywords that did not include the brand name.
- A 2011-2010 YOY comparison reveals a tremendous growth in targeted keyword traffic. Keyword growth highlights include:
- General Keyword Optimization:
- 585% increase in "San Diego hotels" visits
- 590% increase in "hotels in San Diego" visits
- 578% increase in"hotels San Diego California" visits
- Niche Keyword Optimization:
- 938% increase in "downtown San Diego hotels" visits
- 1,023% increase in "hotels downtown San Diego" visits
- 667% increase in "San Diego hotels near the convention center" visits