We’re looking for candidates who desire to build their digital marketing talents, while developing key skills such as HTML development & on-page search engine optimization (SEO). Join our team as a full-time Content Coordinator at Blue Magnet Interactive, a digital marketing agency in the Chicago Loop that serves clients in the travel and hospitality industry!
This position will require strong communication & time-management skills with a yearning to develop key expertise essential to the success of digital marketing as it pertains to SEO and website development. This individual with work closely with our SEO and Design & Development team to facilitate projects while simultaneously building and developing outlined skills to become a well-rounded digital marketer.
- Write and contribute to: website, email, blog, and ad copy.
- Upload and format copy and content on CMS-based websites.
- Assist with website development tasks delegated from team lead.
- Assist with website maintenance tasks and QA audits.
- Organize and compile assets for sites, both for websites currently under management and under development.
- Dedicate time to developing outlined skills, both guided and independently.
Skills To Be Developed
(bonus points if already in your skillset)
- Standard HTML & CSS proficiency
- Uploading content on CMS platforms and via FTP clients
- Page / content formatting and layout
- Image editing and optimization
- BMI copywriting standards
- On-page SEO best practices
- Google Analytics and Search Console
- Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Positive, self-motivated attitude (no Negative Nancys or Easily Defeated Dans)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication (we want you to be great with computers AND be able to talk to humans)
- Familiarity of HTML code and practices with a desire to learn more
- Familiarity with CSS with a desire to learn more
- Familiarity with CMS systems (Joomla, Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience with org systems (Google suite, Wrike (task management software), etc)
- Ability to wear many (metaphorical) hats. Actual hats will not be a requirement.
- Detail oriented. Bonus points if you include your favorite animal in the subject line of your application email (prove what your resume says about how “detail oriented” you are)
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Medical insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Vision insurance with 50% employer premium coverage for team members
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions
Benefits & Perks
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in the travel/hospitality industry.
- Learn from a dynamic, fun, intelligent team.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay. Yes, our office is even closed on President’s Day for some reason.
- Work-from-home flex days. There’s nothing quite like getting work done on your laptop from the comfort of your back porch on a sunny Chicago summer day.
- Your input actually helps shape our company! (rest assured, our suggestion box isn’t just a garbage can with the label “Ideas” taped to the front).
- Centrally located in the Loop near every El line (the Skokie Swift doesn’t count).
- Casual dress code (we live everyday like it’s casual Friday).
- Annual holiday and team member appreciation party (we appreciate our team every day, but we go all out for the holidays!).
- Free personal day off for your birthday! We don’t think you should have to work on the day you celebrate your awesomeness (Limit: one birthday per year).
- Fun, team events (happy hours, taco parties, Whirlyball, happy hours, Cubs games, bowling parties, and happy hours!)
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is contingent upon experience. Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please send professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply To Job View and Apply on LinkedIn