Digital Marketing Internship
An internship at Blue Magnet gives you the rare, hands-on experience with digital marketing tools and techniques that help companies succeed online. As a Blue Magnet Intern, you will be given the opportunity to support several of our digital marketing teams, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising (PPC), email marketing, and sales/business development. Our training program and talented leadership team will expose you to the strategies and tactics employed across each of these verticals and guide you as you contribute to the success of active client accounts.
The right candidate will be driven by a passion for strengthening their digital marketing skillset and will adapt to new challenges with ease. This position provides a robust opportunity make an impact across many areas of our company. Conducting research, creating marketing content, pulling data, running reports, and writing ad copy are just a sample of what this position has to offer.
This is a paid internship position, requiring a commitment of approximately 20-30 hours per week. We are a flexible company and are happy to work with a reasonable work schedule that helps fit the needs of the selected candidate. Upon completion of the internship, successful candidates may be considered for full-time employment. Blue Magnet Interactive is a trusted name in digital marketing for the hospitality industry.
Our clients consist of individual hotels within major brands such as Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton, as well as boutique, independently branded properties, among others. Our mission is to help hospitality professionals better understand and leverage the world of digital marketing.
- Develop/update campaign performance reports
- Assist with business development research and sales outreach
- Conduct website SEO audits
- Deploy social media content and community management
- Paid Search & Google Analytics reporting
- Conduct audits of OTAs such as Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks
We’re looking for talented digital marketers with the following qualifications:
- Passionate about digital marketing and the hospitality/travel industry
- Interest in strengthening skillsets in one or more of the following areas: search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, or website maintenance.
- Creative thinker who is aware of current digital marketing trends
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active user of social media and emerging technologies
- Comfortable sorting and analyzing large data sets
- A quick learner who can grasp new concepts and methodologies
- Proactive and introduces new ideas
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Twitter Analytics
- Ability to analyze SEM reports and provide insights into campaigns based on the data
- Ability to function autonomously or within a team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to wear many (metaphorical) hats. Actual hats will not be a requirement.
- Positive, self-motivated attitude (no Negative Nancys or Easily Defeated Dans)
Additional qualifications that will make you really stand out:
- Experience working within the hotel/hospitality industry
- Experience in any of the following digital marketing verticals: search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, paid social advertising, email marketing, sales, or content marketing.
- Experience managing and update a website or a blog
- Detailed oriented. Bonus points if you include your favorite color in the subject line of your application email (prove what your resume says about how “detail oriented” you are).
- Basic understanding of HTML or CSS
- Experience working with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Basic design skills using the Adobe Creative Suite
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid internship: $13/hr for approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- Work-from-home flex days
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in the hospitality industry
- Learn from a dynamic, fun, intelligent, and passionate team
- Opportunities to learn from experts within the hospitality and digital marketing industry at local and national conferences
- Casual dress code (we live everyday like it’s casual Friday)
- Centrally located in the Loop near every El line (the Skokie Swift doesn’t count)
- Fun team events and outings (think taco parties, happy hours, Cubs games, kickball, and boat cruises)
- Annual holiday and team member appreciation party (we appreciate our team every day, but we go all out for the holidays!)
Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please send professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.