If the mere mention of the terms schema, canonical tag, AMP, 301 redirect, robots.txt, longtail searches, and bounce rate give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, you may just be the SEO Manager Blue Magnet is looking for!
We are seeking a talented SEO who knows how to expertly assess the SEO performance of any given website, make recommendations on how to enhance the site’s organic SEO performance, and finally execute the plan for improving the site’s SEO. This individual will employ varying optimization strategies across a wide array of hospitality and travel-related client sites. This master of the search engines will have a comprehensive understanding of on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO, and have a systematic approach to analyzing a site and optimizing it to reach desired performance goals.
Like Neo, you are The One and Google is your Matrix. You see the Google algorithms in beautiful neon green ones and zeroes, anticipating SEO changes before they happen. You are nimble and flexible in your approach to SEO, testing new theories and adapting your strategies to meet the ever-changing demands of the digital world.
Should you possess an unquestionable passion for SEO, an ability to learn and apply new SEO skills quickly, and an uncanny (and perhaps superhuman) commitment to organization and time management, then you are the SEO we’ve been waiting for.
- Analyze the SEO performance of websites
- Develop a strategy for achieving client goals as they pertain to SEO
- Create and execute SEO content strategies for driving awareness, consideration, and conversion on Blue Magnet-managed websites
- Assist other team members with client SEO issues
- Accept and respond to SEO requests and questions from Digital Marketing Managers in a timely manner (this position is not a client-facing position)
- Coordinate SEO activities with the Digital Marketing Team
- Provide reporting on SEO activities in a timely fashion
- Perform on-page SEO of content
- Perform keyword research and analysis for new landing pages
- Audit backlink profiles & perform link building activities
- Perform local listing audits and correct errors in the UNAP
- Perform monthly quality assurance audits and correct listings
- Perform technical SEO audits and correct errors
- Fix crawl errors as reported by Google Search Console
- Use Google Analytics to decipher user behavior and make recommendations for improvements to sites
- Update content on Independent and Brand.com websites
- Perform audits of online travel agencies (eg, Expedia) and correct listings
- Compose interesting SEO articles for the Blue Magnet company blog
- Absolutely must have a passion for digital marketing!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Internship or 1-2 years of SEO experience in an agency setting
- Strong search engine optimization skills
- Strong experience using Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Understanding of HTML or CSS
- Experience conducting a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign
- Ability to analyze SEO reports in order to provide insights into campaigns based on the data
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (we want you to be great with computers AND be able to talk to humans)
- Ability to function autonomously and also within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to wear many (metaphorical) hats. This position requires someone who is well-rounded in digital marketing as a whole. Actual hats will not be a requirement
- Detail oriented
- Positive, self-motivated attitude (no Negative Nancys or Easily Defeated Dans)
Additional bonus qualifications
- Experience working with the hotel, hospitality, or travel industries
- Experience working on SEO for multiple websites simultaneously
- Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Medical insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Vision insurance with 50% employer premium coverage for team members
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions
Benefits & Perks
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in the hospitality industry.
- Learn from a dynamic, fun, intelligent, and passionate team.
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage; vision insurance with partial premium coverage.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching.
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Vacation, sick, and, holiday paid time off (yes, our office is even closed on President’s Day).
- Work-from-home flex days (there’s nothing quite like getting work done on your laptop while catching some rays from a rooftop or patio on a sunny Chicago summer day)
- Free personal day off for your birthday! We don’t think you should have to work on the day you celebrate your awesomeness (Limit: one birthday per year).
- Opportunities to learn from experts within the hospitality and digital marketing industry at national conferences.
- Centrally located in the Loop near every El line (the Skokie Swift doesn’t count).
- Casual dress code (we live every day like it’s casual Friday).
- Fun team events and outings (think taco parties, happy hours, Cubs games, kickball, and boat outings).
- Annual holiday and team member appreciation party (we appreciate our team every day, but we go all out for the holidays!).
This is a full-time exempt position. Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level. Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please send professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com.