Social Media Marketing Manager
Do you speak in Tweets? Do you consider Facebook your favorite book? Have you wallpapered your home in the style of your Pinterest board?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, prepare to don the crown of social media puppet master and tug on the digital strings of the web as a Social Media Manager at Blue Magnet Interactive. You will control the social media destiny of various hotel clients in distant, exotic lands--from the rolling, emerald knolls of New Zealand to the mighty suburban sprawl of...well...Northeastern Cincinnati.
Your goal is to help wayward travelers find and book their stay online with our hotel clients. To do this you’ll command the magnificent power of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. You’ll unlock the mysteries of hyper-targeted social media advertising; you’ll weave colorful tapestries of dialogue between the hotels and the travel community through social media; and you’ll learn how to harness all these extraordinary new online marketing powers for the forces of good—never evil. The fate of these hotels lies in your hands!
- Customize and execute social media marketing plans
- Compile monthly social media reports for clients
- Manage strategy and creating & publishing content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Monitor messages, comments, and notifications
- Manage paid campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Manage promotions (monitoring entries, content creation)
- Assist in monitoring of social accounts when needed
- Review hotel performance and recommend ways to optimize social account performance
- Absolutely must have a passion for online marketing!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years Internet Marketing experience in an agency setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a social media marketing position
- Strong Social Media Marketing (SMM) skills
- Excellent communication both written and oral (we want you to be great with computers AND be able to talk to humans)
- Skilled in content creation for hotel websites and company blog
- Ability to analyze SMM reports and provide insights into campaigns based on the data
- Ability to function autonomously or within a team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive (specifically Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- Positive, self-motivated attitude (no Negative Nancys or Easily Defeated Dans)
- Familiarity working within the hotel/hospitality industry
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Detail oriented. Bonus points if you include your favorite color in the subject line of your application email (prove what your resume says about how “detail oriented” you are).
- Experience managing multiple clients at one time
- Basic design skills using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Medical insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Vision insurance with 50% employer premium coverage for team members
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions
Benefits & Perks
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in the hospitality industry.
- Learn from a dynamic, fun, intelligent, and passionate team.
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage; vision insurance with partial premium coverage.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching.
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Vacation, sick, and, holiday paid time off (yes, our office is even closed on President’s Day).
- Work-from-home flex days (there’s nothing quite like getting work done on your laptop while catching some rays from a rooftop or patio on a sunny Chicago summer day)
- Free personal day off for your birthday! We don’t think you should have to work on the day you celebrate your awesomeness (Limit: one birthday per year).
- Opportunities to learn from experts within the hospitality and digital marketing industry at national conferences.
- Centrally located in the Loop near every El line (the Skokie Swift doesn’t count).
- Casual dress code (we live every day like it’s casual Friday).
- Fun team events and outings (think taco parties, happy hours, Cubs games, kickball, and boat outings).
- Annual holiday and team member appreciation party (we appreciate our team every day, but we go all out for the holidays!).
This is a full-time exempt position. Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level. Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please send professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com.