Digital Marketing Coordinator
Prepare to wield phenomenal cosmic powers with the click of a mouse as a Digital Marketing Coordinator on the Blue Magnet team!
You will control the online destiny of 10-20 hotels in distant, exotic lands--from the rolling, emerald knolls of New Zealand to the mighty suburban sprawl of... well... Northeastern Cincinnati.
You will serve as the primary point of contact for these hotel clients, helping them to navigate the digital marketing landscape. You will be responsible for creating effective online marketing strategies and delegating the execution of those tasks to our various teams that handle SEO, social media, PPC, email marketing, design and development, and more. Each month you will communicate to the client what our team has executed on behalf of the hotel, how those strategies have performed, and then collaborate with them on upcoming goals and initiatives.
As the nucleus of our digital marketing team, your positive energy keeps both our clients and all our departments in effortless orbit around you. You are responsible for assembling all the diverse pieces of the digital marketing puzzle together into a coherent picture for our clients.
In the end, our goal is to help wayward travelers find and book their stay online with our hotel clients. To do this you’ll decipher the ancient algorithms of the mighty search engines; you’ll unlock the mysteries of Expedia and Orbitz hotel listings; you’ll weave colorful tapestries of dialogue between the hotels and the travel community through social media; and you’ll learn how to harness all these extraordinary new online marketing powers for the forces of good—never evil. The fate of these hotels lies in your hands!
The Digital Marketing Coordinator position is an entry-level opportunity within Blue Magnet’s Digital Marketing team, which provides on-the-job training across a comprehensive collection of digital disciplines, including: search engine optimization, social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, content marketing, and more. An unquestionable passion for online marketing, the ability to learn and apply new skills quickly, and an uncanny (and perhaps superhuman) commitment to organization and time management form the foundation from which our team can build a true Digital Marketing Coordinator powerhouse.
- Absolutely must have a passion for online marketing!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years Digital Marketing experience in an agency setting
- Strong Account Management skills
- Excellent communication both written and oral (we want you to be great with computers AND be able to talk to humans)
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with our hotel clients and serve as the strategic day-to-day point of contact
- Ability to manage custom integrated marketing plans for 15-25 hotel partners and effectively work with internal teams to execute client goals
- Ability to analyze SEO, PPC, email marketing, and social media reports in order to provide insights into campaigns based on the data
- Ability to function autonomously or within a team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive (specifically Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- Positive, self-motivated attitude (no Negative Nancys or Easily Defeated Dans)
- Familiarity working within the hotel/hospitality industry
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Detail oriented. Bonus points if you include your favorite color in the subject line of your application email (prove what your resume says about how “detail oriented” you are).
- Experience managing multiple clients at one time
- Basic understanding of HTML or CSS
- Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level
- 401k retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Medical insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage for team members
- Vision insurance with 50% employer premium coverage for team members
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions
Benefits & Perks
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in the hospitality industry.
- Learn from a dynamic, fun, intelligent, and passionate team.
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% employer premium coverage; vision insurance with partial premium coverage.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching.
- CTA/RTA pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Vacation, sick, and, holiday paid time off (yes, our office is even closed on President’s Day).
- Work-from-home flex days (there’s nothing quite like getting work done on your laptop while catching some rays from a rooftop or patio on a sunny Chicago summer day)
- Free personal day off for your birthday! We don’t think you should have to work on the day you celebrate your awesomeness (Limit: one birthday per year).
- Opportunities to learn from experts within the hospitality and digital marketing industry at national conferences.
- Centrally located in the Loop near every El line (the Skokie Swift doesn’t count).
- Casual dress code (we live every day like it’s casual Friday).
- Fun team events and outings (think taco parties, happy hours, Cubs games, kickball, and boat outings).
- Annual holiday and team member appreciation party (we appreciate our team every day, but we go all out for the holidays!).
This is a full-time exempt position. Starting annual salary range commensurate with experience and skill level. Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please send professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com.